Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What Are You Waiting For?


We all do it. We repeatedly go right past someplace that we always think we will stop and explore someday. Often that day never comes and we don’t know what we’re missing.


Last year, after 34 years of driving by the Mac Johnson Wildlife Area, on the outskirts of Brockville, we finally ventured in. We went through the main gate that time, but there is another area on the far side of the pond that is right near my oldest son’s home and we drive by that even more often. We had to go pick up his computer for repairs, and, since the weather was nice, we decided it was time to take a walk and go look for another cache while we were in the area. The treasure I found along the trail to the cache was amazing.


There are rocks in there. Flat slabs and blocks of rock. They form natural walls, and steps and it’s a sight I never expected to see that day. This is a place where geese gather, to refuel and rest before continuing their journey southward. I was just hoping to be able to see them through the bull rushes. I was so thrilled with the rock formations, I think I forgot to even look for the geese!
So, what are you waiting for? Were is that place you always think you will someday take a closer look at? Go. Go now. And feel free to tell me about it.
GCTFQF

No comments: