Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Victoria Day Caching

About 3pm on Victoria Day, we decided we had time to go back to the South Gower park cache we couldn’t find a couple of weeks ago. We were much more prepared this time, and though it took a little while, we finally found the cache. A very clever hide it was too, but if you have your wits about you, and pay attention, it can be found. Now I’m ready to go back to a couple of others this guy has placed, as we might be on to how he thinks a bit better. I spotted where this cache was, walked up to it, and thought, no, it can’t be there, but 15 minutes later, that’s exactly where it was found.

We did notice that someone had gone on a bit of a rampage since we were there last. Various things had been kicked around, or smashed up. But no harm done, thank goodness.
Once again, another family was entering the area here, to hunt for the cache. As we were just about to put it away, I went over and suggested they turn around for a moment or two, so as not to spoil their fun. The log shows that the gentleman we hunted with last time never did find this cache. Hopefully he will come back for another try too.

On the way home we stopped for ice cream at the Red Barn. It seems to me I’ve mentioned that place before. Well, even though it was not a particularly warm day, they certainly were busy!

We took our ice cream and headed for Burritts Rapids. There is a new cache on the Tip to Tip trail. I’m not recommending this one to anybody though. Oh, go for the walk, figure out where the cache is, then go home. Even the sign at the end of the trail mentions calling 911 in case of emergency. No sense in creating one, I say. Even so, I’m sure I aged a few years at this location.

No comments: